Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Todd Bentley - Florida Revival - Real or Fake?

I was recently at a friend's house and we visited Youtube to check out a guy named Todd Bentley. He is a preacher in Florida and revival has broke out through his ministry. According to his website his ministry has seen healings of many major illnesses and they have even seen people raised from the dead.
I have been curious about this since I have seen the videos. I have no doubt that God can perform these miracles, but in this day in time it would be really easy to fake something like this. I'm not saying that is what I believe, but I'm just not sure. I have been praying for the spiritual gift of discernment. It would come in real handy right now. I am a little uneasy about it, but I'm not sure if that is because he is just so different from everything I have ever seen.

His ministry is violent and he doesn't look the normal part of a preacher (which is fine with me). The violent part is the part that concerns me. He will often slap people across the face or kick them. It's not your typical healing ministry. I am totally ok with it if it is of God.

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say. Let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a little scary to me. Don't know whether to believe it or not with all the fake stuff there is out there.